Re: Reblooming Immortality

On 10/8/96 6:06PM, in message <325ADDD8.27AB@ix.netcom.com>,
John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Additionally -- update on my reblooming stalk of IMMORTALITY -- the
> bloom is STILL hanging in there!! the new bud is just beginning to
> color next to the terminal, and there is a second bloom down the stalk.
> this would win at least queen of the show at a fall iris show!! This
> is nearly 5 days old!!
Way cool. My first stalk of Ship Shape is within two days of opening, I can
about 2 inches of blue above the green outside casing of the bud (is
there a name
for those parts?)

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.

    The green casing is the spathe.
    Witch of Endor has about 8 bloom stalks just loaded with buds.  I
can't wait.  She is one of my favorite rebloomers.
Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is
-17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94