Re: Cameras and Iris photograaphy

  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Cameras and Iris photograaphy
  • From: Dennis Stoneburner <drstone@roanoke.infi.net>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 20:22:16 -0400

SCHAFFCM@snybufaa.cs.snybuf.edu wrote:

> Can the processing be done by your friendly local "cheep, two day service"?

Find a GOOD photofinisher and stick with them.  Sometimes "Cheap" 2 day
places are very good.  Stay away from the 1 hour places - these people
are not trained to do good printing - they are lucky if they dust the
file before printing.

> How about getting prints from slides?  Good Idea? or should we take two
> photos - a slide AND a print ??Only as a last resort.  When doing this - an "Internegative" is made and
a print is then made from this.  The interneg is the important part - and
many people don't know how to do it properly.  Tho - a hint that is a
secret between you and me - Kodak is coming out with products to do this
electronically - no interneg is needed and you will get excellent quality
- maybe while you wait.    Stay Tuned

Dennis - zone 6-7 sorta