Re: I. unguicularis at 100 F?

Tom Dillard Writes-
>I have grown Iris unguicularis for 3 years...from seeds...and never had a
>bloom.  I am going to move them to a warmer place, perhaps.  What do you
>recommend?  The British seem to relish this species...and I've never even
>seen it in bloom!

I am sorry to hear the luck you are having. Ours are in bloom now and will
probably go on until March. What other iris blooms so long? They are a real
treat in the garden. The climate here is cooler but I do know they bloom in
over 100 degree heat in California.

For those that aren't familiar with the unguicularis they are native to
North Africa, Greece and Turkey. Flower stems are absent; it grows on long
perianth tubes. Height is about 10". For us it is a beautiful year around
evergreen plant.

Jay Hudson

JAY AND TERRI HUDSON	THE IRIS GALLERY
Fort Bragg, Ca  	irishud@ert.com
On the beautiful north coast of California