Re: Holes in rhizomes

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996 CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

> >	But a dirth of bees!!  Anyone else concerned about the lack of bees??
> Yes...there have been lots of butterflies and hummingbirds this year...more
> than I ever remember. But very few bees.  I have not seen one honeybee this
> year, and usually there are swarms.  This could bode trouble.  Clarence Mahan
> in VA

Actually honeybees have been fighting to survive a couple of mites
which came through the US from S America. They have also arrived in
Canada but the middle US would be badly infested by now. Don't know
what the survival rate would be expected to be for any area (zone).
-- Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada