I. unguicularis at 100 F?

One of my clumps of I. unguicularis (commonly known as the winter iris)
seems to have responded to the shortening days (and perhaps earlier cool
weather) by starting to bloom just as the Santa Anna winds got things up
to triple digit temperatures (F, not C) again. I feel sorry for them,
but it could lead to a four-month bloom season for them.

Also have a ministalk (less than 30 cm, maybe only a single bloom) of
Battle Royal in bloom. My first TB in over a month. Yippee!

Gerry in Los Angeles, looking forward to the minimal change of seasons