Re: Photographing irises

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Amy Rupp wrote:

> > A little bit of Kodak inside info.....if you think you need 200 speed
> > print film - rethink.....use 100 or 400 instead.  100 is great for grain
> > structure and color reproduction - of course a tripod is always helpful.
> >  400 grain structure is as good as the 200 if not better.
> > There is a problem printing the 200 speed film - the programs used by the
> > hi speed printers are flakey for the 200 speed.  Lots of hi-tech
> > mumbo-jumbo involved.
> Is this true for *all* brands of 200 speed or just Kodak?  And I
> re-request an answer to the question "which film is best for (regular
> 35mm) stills"? > Amy Moseley Rupp> amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b

I have done a lot of photography of honey bees on flowers with
slide film mostly. Prints once in a while. For me the best film is
either agfachrome or Agfacolor ASA 200. I can't get the 400 or I
would have tried it since I need as much film speed as I can get.
Can you get Agfa- film?

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada