Re: identification

>I am hoping that I can get help from the list to identify them, they are
>germanica iris's.
>Francois  Debat
>Music  Maker
>Tangerine  Charm
>Party  Dress
>Circle  Step

Arthur...Three of the names match registered iris cultivars....MUSIC MAKER
(Waters 63), a blue self TB; PARTY DRESS (Muhlestein 51), a shell pink TB;
and CIRCLE STEP (Meek 78), a white ground purple plicata.  There is no
"Specless" I can find in the registration books, but SPECKLES (Warburton 68)
is a yellow ground brown plicata standard dwarf bearded iris.

The other two I cannot find in any of the Check Lists or Registration and
Introduction books.  Beware, this makes me suspect that even the ones with
registered names MAY NOT be the correct cultivars.  There are unfortunately
many nurseries, and this is especially true in some European countries, that
do not follow the rules of the professional perennial nursery associations,
i.e. carry on cultivars whose names have been properly registered with the
registration authorities and be certain the cultivar is true to name.  (There
are large wholesale nurseries in one country in Europe...not Denmark...that
are notorious for doing this and they ship large quantities of plants all
over the world, including other European nurseries.)  So any any nursery that
carries cultivars that are not properly registered is not one to buy plants
from....you just get inferior plants and misnamed cultivars.

I can recommend some European nurseries for irises.  For bearded irises there
are some outstanding French iris nurseries that sell the best quality plants
properly named.  Two of the best are Michel Bourdillon, GAEC de Champagne,
41230 SOINGS EN SOLOGNE, France and CAYEUX, S.A., BP 35, 45501 POILLY LEZ
GIEN, France.

Clarence Mahan in Virgina, U.S.A.