Moving iris late in season

Well it is offical...we sign the closing papers Monday on our new house
in the country.  The seller has given me permission to dig wherever I
want to this weekend...sooooo my mother and I will be running the tiller
in shifts.*grin*  I have picked a spot in the old horse paddock for my
iris plants...I am going to till in some alfalfa meal, gypsum, and just
a little 6-24-24 to enrich the soil.  I will follow bruce Richardson's
advice about resetting my plants the same day they have been dug.  I
have BABY BLESSED, DARKLING, DARK CRYSTAL, SMELL THE ROSES, BABY BOOM,
FLOWER SHOWER, THRICE BLESSED, BOUNTIFUL HARVEST, ZURICH, QUEEN DOROTHY,
PINK ATTRACTION and VIOLET REPRISE in full rebloom now with many others
sending up stalks...not looking forward to moving them but it is
necessary.*smile*  So if I moan and groan on Monday about being just a
little sore, you will know why! (have already stocked up on Bengay and
Sports cream)

	Julei Irwin
	bajai@mtco.com
	USDA zone 5  Illinois