Re: Holes in rhizomes

>I have determined it's crickets. .... for some reason they seem to prefer
the newly
>planted rhizomes where I only have one rhizome to start with.

In an old message from Donald Mosser, he was having similar problems.
 Donald, do you have crickets chewing on your rhizomes?

I always thought that crickets just ate dead stuff, but according to my
cheapo bug book,  they 'can do serious damage to cultivated plants'.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN