Re: rot parade/miniature tall bearded diploids

Linda Mann asks...

>Do the modern MTBs (miniature tall bearded irises) look like historic diploid
>TBs (tall beardeds)?   Or vice versa...

Look at the age of the iris that is the pollen parent of Desert Shield, MTB,
(Varner, T. 91) and you will have your answer. [I will admit to 'loading
the dice' by picking a variegata, however, many other modern MTBs exhibit
parents of comparable age.]
I also worked in Thorbecke--just couldn't resist it!

                                                 __unknown_______

                                 _Cordelia______|
                                | Parker 1873   |
                                |               |___unknown______