Re: Holes in rhizomes

Hi all,
     I've had problems with holes in the rhizomes before.  The large holes came
from pillbugs, or rolly-pollies that would eat into the bottom of the rhizome
and then set up housekeeping and live in
the rhizome.  Also if your irises are planted in the near vicinity of any type
of fruit trees you might be
having fruit fly larva burrowing into the larva.  A good systemic bug killer, or
diazinon crystals spred in
your iris bed should get rid of them.  Also I once had a problem with an
invasion camel crickets munching on rhizomes.  So these are some possibilities
to consider.

BillSmoot - where it looks like we'll need to have three auctions in order to
get rid of all the donations for
the Region 4 Fall Meeting next weekend!             AIS Region 4,  Portsmouth,
VA  Zone 8A