RE: Iris Photography/Snappy

Just got home from sea and had Iris-L on digest mode so I'm just getting caught
up on the postings about SNAPPY!  Tom mentioned that one of the problems was
that pictures looked "grainy".  Unvfortunately, with SNAPPY the quality of the
picture varies with the quality of your video camera.  I have SNAPPY and have
used it with my old and new video camera and the difference in the pictures is
quite different.  While most of the pictures I've taken with SNAPPY are
generally good, they're not anything to write home about.

     One problem that I've experienced with the SNAPPY is that the batteries run
down quite frequently.  Suggest that you remove the batteries when not actually
using the SNAPPY.  That has seemed to work for me!

BillSmoot - in Portsmouth, VA where it if finally turning cooler 60 degrees high
today, but with a windchill to take temps down in 40's.
     73210.1725@compuserve.com       AIS Region 4      Portsmouth, VA   8A