Re: TIP OF THE WEEK: the "nomail" option

Sally writes

:Dear Tom  Thanks for the tip of the week.  However I have little
:query - when you want to get mail back   do you type SET IRIS-L MAIL

It is ACK, just as I originally posted. ACK stands for "acknowledge",
meaning that when you send a message to the list a copy is sent to you
along with everyone else to acknowledge that it was received and
processed. In practice, it's probably best to think of ACK as being
"no digest" mode.

BTW, I hope everyone saw my correction: there is no "nomail" option.
On this listserver, the option to suspend mail is called "postpone"

Cheers, Tom.