Re: rot parade

Tom:  All of us who live in climates where rain does our irrigating
are envious of your rot-free drier climate.  I remember that when I
was growing up in the Yakima Valley of Washington (the dry east side
of the Cascade Mountains, about 2/3 of the state, which is not wet
all the time as many picture Washington to be) I never saw rot or
heard of it in my mother's garden.  I'd bet that nobody on this list
who lives there ever has that problem, either.

Arnold Koekkoek (in NW Iowa, where rot is just something you live
with, esp. in wet springs)