Re: rot parade

Arnold writes

:Tom:  All of us who live in climates where rain does our irrigating
:are envious of your rot-free drier climate.

Actually, rot can be a problem in New Mexico. When I gardened in
Las Cruces, in the southern part of the state, summer temperatures
were so hot (110+, day after day) that the rhizomes would practically
cook with even small amounts of moisture being present. I've also
had rot from time to time in Los Alamos, although here it's an
occasional occurrence, not an ongoing ordeal. I've lost a few to
botrytis, and the gophers took their share. They seem to prefer the
expensive ones.

I'm hoping the Santa Fe garden will be just a tad warmer and drier...
and gopher-free. We'll see!