Re: Photographing irises

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

>I just happen to have a pc catalog right in front of me...turned to the
>page where Snappy by PLAY Incorporated is shown.  The ad sates..."PLAY"S
>Snappy lets you grab sensational PC stills from any camcorder, VCR, or
>TV...Snappy captures breathtaking images in 16.8 million vibrant colors
>at record breaking resolutions _up to 1500x1125_"...  I assume when it
>states resolutions _up to 1500x1125_ that it must depend upon factors
>other than Snappy; perhaps what you are capturing from or maybe your
>computer speed/configuration???  I am not sure...the words in quote are
>from the ad...perhaps someone else can explain more about Snappy?

What the catalog fails to mention is that you need to have a video card in
order to make use of the snappy. I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
;)

Some new computers come with video cards. If you don't have one, the video
card can cost several times more than the snappy does. Best to check in to
it before you rush out and buy one.

Scott.