Re: Varmints

Linda Mann wrote:

:  Pretty sure even New Mexican moles eat insects, worms, etc, not plants.  It's
:  the other critters that use their tunnels that eat the plants.  So I wonder
:  how effective castor bean would be?

Perhaps the moles ingest enough of the plant while cutting through the roots to
do the trick.  I'm not sure HOW they work, just satisfied that they do.   In
Oklahoma, we had to contend with both moles & gophers -- but I swear I did NOT
make pets of any moles and bring them to New Mexico!   Here, the enemy consists
of gophers, ground squirrels, & pack rats.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)
Ready to get back to discussing iris!