Re: Freezing seeds

Laurent write

:John your advice and that of Clarence is to not freeze the seeds!!!
:What would be your opinion if you dealt with plants indigeneous to my part
:of the
:freezing world (Quebec where it goes down to -35 far. degres).

I just read in Currier McEwen's book _The Siberian Iris_ that iris seeds
frozen in storage do not germinate. Dr. McEwen (and me too) regards this
as somewhat mysterious, since iris seeds surely freeze when planted
outdoors in many climates, and germinate just fine.

BTW, I highly recommend this book to all iris growers, not just Siberian
fanciers. McEwen has a tremendous wealth of knowledge about growing and
breeding irises, and it is very nicely presented in the book. There's a
lot of just plain good gardening advice in this book!