Re: Bulb type iris

> Cheers, Tom.
>
> (who just planted 150 reticulata bulbs and 100 Dutch irises this
> weekend!)

Tom, was it *you* that was snubbing your nose at reticulatas saying that
dwarf bearded were much prettier and equally small?  Someone said that!
:-)  However from discussions on this list since then I have gathered
that the smaller bearded iris do not do well in our warm-mild winter
climate.

The dutch irises do very well here, though their blooms seem hardly
worth the long period of grassy foliage before and after they bloom.
I am planting more this year though :-).  These are bulbous, like the
reticulatas.

--
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b