Re: Bulb type iris

:> Cheers, Tom.
:>
:> (who just planted 150 reticulata bulbs and 100 Dutch irises this
:> weekend!)
:
:Tom, was it *you* that was snubbing your nose at reticulatas saying that
:dwarf bearded were much prettier and equally small?  Someone said that!
::-)  However from discussions on this list since then I have gathered
:that the smaller bearded iris do not do well in our warm-mild winter
:climate.

No, it wasn't me. I love the reticulatas! But you are correct that the
MDBs and some SDBs can have problems in mild-winter areas (zone 8 or
higher).

One of the big bonuses of the reticulatas is their very early bloom.
For those of us who can't wait for iris season to start, seeing these
little guys come out in January or February is a great pleasure.

Happy irising, Tom.