Re: Photographing irises/Snappy

bajai@mtco.com wrote:

> I just happen to have a pc catalog right in front of me...turned to the
> page where Snappy by PLAY Incorporated is shown.  The ad sates..."PLAY"S
> Snappy lets you grab sensational PC stills from any camcorder, VCR, or
> TV...Snappy captures breathtaking images in 16.8 million vibrant colors
> at record breaking resolutions _up to 1500x1125_"...  I assume when it
> states resolutions _up to 1500x1125_ that it must depend upon factors
> other than Snappy; perhaps what you are capturing from or maybe your
> computer speed/configuration???  I am not sure...the words in quote are
> from the ad...perhaps someone else can explain more about Snappy?
Thanks, what 1500x1125 means is that it is the maximum number of pixels that can
be created by the scan, which translates to the maximum size of displayed image.
It still displays at 72 dpi on the screen. Doesn't really specify the DPI of the
scan. I am starting to get really curious about all the smoke here.
On 2 Oct  in -
1950 Peanuts, from the pen of cartoonist,  Charles Schultz began
1535 Jacques Cartier discovers Mount Royal (Montreal).
1608, Johannes Lippershey offered the Dutch government a new invention, the
prototype of the modern telescopes.
1870  Italy annexed Rome and the Papal States; Rome is made the Italian capital.

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1956 Hound Dog/Don't be Cruel - Elvis Presley

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.