Should I try Oyez?

Does anyone know how difficult Oyez is to grow? (Sharon, Tom?)  The photos of
it are so beautiful, I'd like to try.  But I don't want to needlessly kill a
rhizome if I don't have the right conditions (isn't it kind of rare?).  I'm
in zone 8 or 9 depending on the year.  We get enough rain in the winter to
get the Salinas river to flow above ground for a couple of months and next to
none in the summer.  Summer temperatures usually get over 100F for a couple
of weeks, but it's always cool at night.  We have frost a good part of the
winter, but not below 20F usually.  Anyone who's grown Oyez, please let me
know if I should try it. Thanks.

Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA, jforte21@aol.com
zone 8/9, can grow lilacs, can't grow citrus