Re: Combat with Moles, etc.

>I have yet to find anything more effective than a row of old-fashioned
castor
>bean plants.  Munching on their roots is fatal to the underground varmints

Pretty sure even New Mexican moles eat insects, worms, etc, not plants.  It's
the other critters that use their tunnels that eat the plants.  So I wonder
how effective castor bean would be?

Hmm, according to my rinky dink pocket sized Golden Nature Guide to mammals,
moles don't even live in New Mexico...unless the California mole is that far
east - hard to  tell from this tiny little distribution map.

Voles, on the other hand, are notorious vegetarian terminators.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA