Re: Photographing irises

Good morning John,

Wish I knew what went wrong with the colors on the irises.  Some of the
purples were too light or they showed up a lighter purple.  I think it
is just experimenting with different angles and working with the sun.
My husband has a 35mm nikon which takes beautiful pictures of other
things.  He was with a camera club for five years and learned about film
speed and different exposures, but guess with flowers we have lots to
learn.   Any advice you can give us?  I think the video camera is an
excellent solution and I am very excited for spring to arrive.

Question.  Two of our irises were pollinated by the birds.  We saved the
seeds but now what do I do with them?  I read in the iris book to soak,
refrigerate etc, etc.  Can I just plant them?   I also have daylillies
that were pollinated the same way.  seeds everywhere, but what to do
with them is the big question.

I am leaving for Volcano tonight and won't be back till Sunday if you
respond.  My husband will be connecting Juno into our computer there
this weekend.

Hope to meet you one of these days. we're close by.

Thanks again.
Lora M @ Juno . com
Zone 8, S.J. Calif