Re: Should I try OyezNew pinkish arilbred discussed

>  The pinkish arilbred you referred to is
>named GENTLE POET , in honor of John Moffitt, its originator.

It was indeed magnificent in California...but I remember the first time I saw
it in front of your house in Radford, when it was a numbered seedling...you
may remember I was awe struck.  And the name GENTLE POET is so appropriate
for John.  I treasure the book of his poems that he autographed for me...he
was an exceptional talent.  I hope more people become acquainted with this
beautiful iris....I guess many iris people find it difficult associating
arilbreds with the East Coast (of course, Fred Gadd has done so much to
change that!).  Clarence Mahan in Virginia