Re: Deer and iris

Kimberly A. Hawbaker wrote:

> Help!
> How do you keep deer from eating iris leaves?  They love to give them a yank
> and pull them right out of the ground before eating the leaves.  I've tried
> moth balls, human hair scattered around the bed and bars of soap hanging from
> the nearby trees but none of this works.
>
>The deer seem to stay away from my iris, but I do have to sacrafice my apples from the tree and my rose bushes.  They come right into my yard and
eat the roses and apples. They strip the leaves and apples right from the
tree or eat them off the ground.  I have never had any of my iris bothered by
them.  There are products made from the urine of mountain lions available
which do keep the deer away.  I don't remember the name, but we were able to
pick some up at the local nursery.

Good Luck,

Nancy Kraus, Zone 8
Central Cal. Coastal Area