Re: Martha Stewart magazine

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Kimberly A. Hawbaker wrote:

> And last of all, I see where someone mentioned not long ago that Martha Stewart
> had an article on iris in her LIVING magazine sometime last year?  Does anyone
> know what issue it was?  I want to find it.
>
> Kim in Northern Minn. USDA zone 3
> hawbaker@northernnet.com

The article on iris was in Martha Stewart Living, May 1995. Back issues
are available for $6 from MST, 20 West 43rd Street, 24th Floor, New York
NY 10036.  Her email address is:  mstewart@msl.timeinc.com

The photo on the cover was taken at Schreiner's garden in Salem, Oregon.

While you're looking for magazines, you might check out the Spring 1996
issue of Flower Gardening (by Better Homes & Gardens). This issue had a
nifty little article titled "Beyond Bearded Irises", illustrated with
watercolor drawings of a variety of iris, none of them Tall Bearded!
I don't know if back issues are available, but you could call them at
800/678-2872, option 4 (whatever that means).

Good luck finding the magazines,

Kay Berg, Mount Vernon, Washington State
just south of the Canadian border
first freeze of the season last night
AIS Region 13