Re: AIS Web Site Gets Publicity

In a message dated 96-10-30 16:03:04 EST, Amy wrote:

> I hope the daylily folks didn't need a helping
>hand (and a free one at that) to learn about the 'Net and netiquette.
>We offer freely here and they don't.

The AHS E-Mail robin is on a listservice which is underwritten by the
American Hemerocallis Society.  They decided at that point that - like the
AHS Journal - it would be available at no charge to members only.  We are
currently at over 250 members and it functions very well.... differently than
the iris 'list', but we have many levels of 'voice' being heard.

Furthermore, there is a 'chatroom' many evenings.  I have not participated
except for one time because I'm never home anymore (when I DO come home, my
sweetie yells "Who are you and what do you want?!")

The iris list is a different animal... open to all and privately funded.

The hosta list is open to anyone who wishes to participate....just get in
touch with Kevin Walek.

Kathyguest...who enjoys the Irislist, the Daylily E-Mail Robin   AND  the
hosta folk equally...