Re: Reblooming: Va. vs. Iowa and some rambling

Julie said
> Arnold, I think you'd like Tennessee.  We need more irisarians here.  That
>Eastern seaboard is too crowded, anyway.  Land is relatively inexpensive
>here, and you'll get more value for your housing dollar.  Linda and I
>complain a little (a lot?), but the iris IS our state flower.

And if you moved half way between us (in Crossville maybe), then you could
start another iris club!  We do get a lot of retirees in this area,
especially down along the lake.  Incredibly beautiful countryside, right
Julie?  And sort of moderate, if erratic,  climate.

I keep hoping for a rich energetic iris fanatic to move close by to do some
more 'screening' of new introductions.  Sunnyridge Gardens is over an hour
away through Knoxville traffic and they are more and more into daylilies
instead of iris.  Plus Gerry's favorites are wierd things (space age, odd
shapes, colors, and patterns) and I like more traditional.  She has a wildly
flounced new intro - GOLDEN ALIEN, for those of you who like 'different'.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA