Re: AIS web site

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: AIS web site
  • From: Lois Rose <lros@loc.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:32:23 -0500 (EST)

I get the list in digest form, which means I'm always reading day-old
messages, so someone may already have cleared up this misunderstanding.

On 30 Oct 1996 Clarence wrote:
> The American Gardener, published by the American Horticultural Society,
> Nov/Dec 96 issue, has an article "Caught on the Web" which explains various
> horticultural information sources on the Internet.  At the end of the article
> is a summary of "Other Web Sites of Interest to Gardeners."  Here you will
> find....dah, dah.....American Iris Society
> (http://wwwisomedia.com/homes/AIS/)

Carolyn Schaffner responded:

> Clarence's announcement about the IRIS-LIST suggests that the LIST is
> somehow sanctioned by AIS, which I understand it is not.. <snip> Has
> anyone on this LIST sent a press release about this LIST to various
> publications??

Unless I missed something somewhere, it wasn't the IRIS-L that got the
publicity; it was the AIS home page which, or course, is AIS sanctioned.

I haven't yet had a killing frost, and last time I was at home in the
daylight (I come and go in the dark for the rest of the winter--I hate it)
and BLESSED AGIAN were pregnant, but I doubt they will make it before
frost.  We have had an unusually warm spell, so I'm anxious to check on
them in the daylight Saturday to see if they might make it.

Lois Rose, in central Virginia
25 miles SW of Fredericksburg in southern Spotsylvania County
Zone 7; peak TB bloom May 15