Rebloomers

Hello everyone!
	Wanted to stop lurking long enough to mention our rebloomers.
	Despite being told that we would be disappointed by rebloomers by a
club member, we insisted on trying. This is the second year that many of ours
have been in the ground. Unlike last year, when several had stalks emerging
or even buds -  only to be stopped by awful weather, this year we are having
quite nice weather.  And, there has been a lot of rainfall. And we have
gotten on the bandwagon with many suggestions from this list - including
usage of alfalfa, 5-10-10, homemade compost, et al.
	Currently in bloom:
IMMORTALITY, BETHANY CLAIRE, SUMMER FANTASY, SEPTEMBER BUTTERCUP, TOTAL
RECALL, HURRICANE SEASON, QUEEN DOROTHY AUTUMN TRYST and GOLD GALORE.
What staying power IMMORTALITY has; it started in September and is not quite
done yet. And without my assistance, there are three seed pods - one that is
the largest I have seen! The only other thing in bloom at the time was
SEPTEMBER BUTTERCUP, which is planted within 3' of IMMORTALITY. Do you think
somehow those two got together when we were not watching??? >;->
What huge stalks and flowers of great substance on BETHANY CLAIRE and TOTAL
RECALL! And if you check very carefully, almost all have a delightful aroma!
	About to bloom or sending up stalks:
WITCH OF ENDOR, CLARENCE, SUKY, BUCKWHEAT, HEMSTITCHED, PERFUME COUNTER,
HARVEST OF MEMORIES, DUKE OF EARL, and EARL OF ESSEX. Can hardly wait.
	Already finished blooming, or so it would seem:
MATRIX, which had the least memorable little flowers I have ever seen. I'm
wondering if the raised bed made with old railroad ties, where this iris
resides, might be a hinderance... Or is this just a really sad looking iris.
When the 2 neighboring EARL's bloom, maybe I will have more insight on
that....
	Thanks to the hybridizers on this list who created some of the
aforementioned splendor!! You know who you are... :-)

Jim Schroetter
Spotsylvania County, Virginia