Re: rebloomers

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> Linda commented on the fertilization of reblooming iris=great growth
> and if some rot it didn't matter much because the growth kept ahead
> of it.  But, watch out with the non-rebloomer.
>     That advice confirms what our club was told by Dr. Garland Bare,
> Lincoln, NE, who is probably this region's resident expert and chief
> enthusiast for reblooming iris.  When he spoke to us, his advice was
> (1)put your rebloomers in a bed separate from the others, (2)water
> once a week because they don't go dormant, (3)they need fertilizer
> twice a year, in early spring before bloom and two weeks after the
> spring bloom, and (4)most of them need total sunshine for reblooming,
> though INTYGRATION will bloom well in shade.
>     Dr. Bare also gave a list of rebloomers that he said were most
> reliable for this area, though being located 150+ miles north of him
> I might not have the same success.  However, I wrote on this list a
> couple months ago that I had such a list, and somebody asked me to
> give it.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, thought I had lost it,
> but the other day (looking for something else, of course) I found it
> in a file.  When I tried to send it to the address of the requester,
> it came back as an undeliverable message.  I don't know that is of
> enough general use to warrant putting it on this list, but I would be
> willing to share that list of names with anyone who thinks it would
> be of value.  So many of you live in areas farther south, so you
> don't need it.> Arnold Koekkoek NW Iowa, zone 4  Cold here, only
a high of 32 yesterday.  All that free air from  Canada!

Arnold, Here's some more of the same. I sure would like to see
your list so I hope you can find it. There are quite a few of us in
the same zone or not too much further south.

 --
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada