Rebloomers for Zone 4

Several requested the list of zone 4 reblooming iris which Dr.
Garland Bare recommended to our Siouxland Iris Society when he spoke
a couple years ago.  What I'm giving you here is not from a printed
list but from the notes I took at the meeting, so I'm including any
of the commeents, color notes, etc., that I also wrote at the time.
And while I'm at it, I'll star* the ones that have either bloomed in
my garden or of others in our club.  We all live within a 45 mile
radius of Sioux City, IA.
*Violet Returns             *Golden Encore          *Queen Dorothy
*Grape Adventure            *Lichen                 Cross Stitch
*Autumn Bugler              Royal Summer            *Hemstitched
Jennifer Rebecca            Sunny Shoulders         Bonus Mama
Now & Later (pink) July & Aug
Peach Jam (Ensminger)
Champagne Elegance (likes deep & new soil)
Immortality (Zurich, its child, has even better flower)
Harvest of Memories (orange)
Sugar Blues (so fragrant, too tall & stalks fall over)
Grace Thomas (very ruffled; erratic)

Heaven's Bounty             Miss Scarlett (not dependable)

I Bless                     *Low Ho Silver
Concoction (pink w/blue cast; July to October)

MTB  Lady Emma

Golden Child                Baby Blessed (not as reliable as G. C.)
Smell the Roses (crowds itself out)
Jewel Baby (black)
Flower Shower-----These last 2, if no rebloom,have long spring season.

I hope this will be useful, or at least informative.  Dr. Bare also
gave a number of sources for rebloomers, two of which were Lloyd
Zurbrigg (Avonbank Gardens) and Clarence Mahan (The Iris Pond)  so I
guess he's well-known to you men, too.

Arnold Koekkoek
Zone 4, NW Iowa