Re: AIS Web Site Gets Publicity

> and its local chapters, growing advice, iris classification, and descriptions
> of the most popular irises are offered here."
>
> Interestingly, although several plant societies are listed, the hosta and
> daylily societies are not.  Thought you all might be interested in this.

Not to beat a dead horse or nuthin', but having a "closed Internet
society" like the daylily folks do doesn't help.  I'd love to discuss
cultivars and care without having to be a member of AHS, as I've stated
before.... but can't :-(  the Internet is often about teaching and
converting rather than conversation between those that already know what
they are talking about.  I hope the daylily folks didn't need a helping
hand (and a free one at that) to learn about the 'Net and netiquette.
We offer freely here and they don't.

No idea about Hostas.  I've only one, and luckily have no questions
about it, because I don't know if you have to be a member of AHoS to ask
them!

AHiS = American Hibiscus Society AHoS = American Hosta Society
AHeS = American Hemerocallis Society

OK.  I've been checking for rebloom; no frost, but no rebloom either.
I can vouch that LADY FRIEND bloomed its first spring here (last spring)
and was beautiful; and that of all my Schreiner's ordered iris, the one
that was smallest was FANCY TALES.
--
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b