Planting Dutch iris bulbs

I have a question.  Here in Tennessee I have not had good luck with Dutch
iris.  They try to come up too early and then get frozen.  Against my better
judgement, I ordered some Dutch iris bulbs, which arrived today.  My
question is, should I plant them now?  How can I keep them from coming up
too early?  Would planting them deeper help?  Any advice?  Thanks.
Julie Allen, Sparta, middle TB, zone 6 where we almost always get a warmup
followed by a freeeze.