I just noticed today that my stalk of BROTHER CARL that I've been bragging
about now has a swelling seed pod.  I'm almost certain that it is the result
of a self fertilization since I don't recall any other irises blooming at
the time this particular flower was open.  This was the second flower of the
topmost socket on the stalk and the third flower on the stalk to open. I do
admit to fondling this particular flower in an attempt to identify the
flower parts for future hybridizing efforts.  Looks like I need to start
keeping better records of my garden activities and events if I want to know
for certain who is the real father.

Questions for Lloyd Z.:
What should I expect as the result of a self of BROTHER CARL?
Will it be worth the TLC and prayers necessary to bring the seed pod to
maturity this late in the season?
Also, how many weeks should this pod take to mature?
I estimate that this pod is about 1 week along by now.  I have removed the
surrounding spathe and the shriveled flower to prevent rot of the pod.  Any
advice would be appreciated.

A somewhat related question for Lloyd or anyone:

Has anyone experimented with crossing Lloyd's rebloomers with some of Monty
Byers' rebloomers?

This morning's inspection revealed two more bloom stalks on the way:
SPARKPLUG(SDB) and TEA LEAVES(TB).  Still waiting, impatiently, on THIRD

-Donald (basking in the glow of rebloom to be)

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8