Re: Off-topic & weather

ddbro@llano.net wrote:

> I need some help.  My net service is offering to change our software from
> Quarterdeck Internet Suite to Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold.  I don't know whether
> or not to take the change.  It is free so I don't have to pay for the software but, I am
> just figuring out how to use this software.  Any technical comments?  Help!

Dana:

I'm not familiar with the Quarterdeck product but would definitely
advise you in favor of Netscape if you have the choice. I use it and
Microsoft's browser extensively in my work. Both are excellent products.
But Netscape has been around longer, therefore, is further along the
development curve.

It has established itself as pretty much the 'de facto' standard against
which all other browsers are measured, as evidenced by the number of Web
sites that specifically list Netscape as the "best viewed with"
software. It has vesions available for all hardware/software platforms
and they have always proven to be stable in my experience. Netscape also
has a full suite of 'plug-in' and 'add-on' products, most of which can
be downloaded for free, to enhance the Web experience.

If you want to try before you buy, browse on over to www.netscape.com
and pull down a free evaluation copy of the software from their web
site. I think you will be convinced.

Please feel free to e-mail me off-line if you need any help setting up a
trial run.

Jane Mattei
jmattei@mail.leoburnett.com