Re: Off-topic & weather

Jane Mattei wrote:
> Dana:
> I'm not familiar with the Quarterdeck product but would definitely
> advise you in favor of Netscape if you have the choice. I use it and
> Microsoft's browser extensively in my work. Both are excellent products.
> But Netscape has been around longer, therefore, is further along the
> development curve.
--  snip  --

I would agree with Jane, and add that there have been good reports on the new
Microsoft browser. It is not as wide spread yet but will be supported with typical
Microsoft support. (Depends on how you feel about Microsoft). It isn't available
for Macs yet. End of the year sometime.

On 28 Oct  in -
1946 - Our favorite flying cowboy was heard on ABC Radio for the first time this
day. Sky King, starring Jack Lester, then Earl Nightingale and,  finally, Roy Engel
as Sky. Beryl Vaughn played Sky's niece, Penny; Jack  Bivens was Chipper and Cliff
Soubier was the foreman. Sky King was sponsored by Mars candy.

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1955 - Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford

Born on Chad  Schroter's  birthday in :
1757  - Alf  -TV Actor (is 239), Alien Life Form, Alf star; Space Alien from
1728 - Captain James Cook, Explorer, Navigator, English, Sea Captain, South
Pacific; discovered the Sandwich Islands; some say b. Oct 27, 1728
have a good one Chad

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.