Off topic - Web browser

ddbro@llano.net "Dana" wrote:
> I need some help.  My net service is offering to change our software from
> Quarterdeck Internet Suite to Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold.  I don't know whether
> or not to take the change.  It is free so I don't have to pay for the software but, I am
> just figuring out how to use this software.  Any technical comments?  Help!

Chris writes:
I would definitely go for the change to Netscape 3.0 Gold. I have used
it extensively through the beta test versions (pre-release) and now have
used the public release version for the last couple of months. I have
also used the Microsoft Explorer 2.0 and 3.0 versions.  There are really
only two Internet browsers to now consider using at this point in the
rapid development of the web. Netscape 3.0 and/or Microsoft Explorer
3.0. These are both excellent and each has its pluses and minuses. But
to view current websites properly the ONLY choice is one of these two.
Try them both out. There is no reason that you cannot use either as you
please through your ISP. Microsoft Explorer is downloadable from their
product website free as is Netscape from their website.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS Region 16
Director, Canadian Iris Society