Arnold Koekkoek wrote:
> Sharlyn writes of LADY FRIEND making a maroon statement.  If this is
> an accurate description of the color, I'm wondering if you have LADY
> FRIEND, which surely isn't dark enough to qualify as maroon.  Rosy
> red, maybe, but not maroon.

My bloom of LADY FRIEND was pretty dark as well. The picture I took is
definitely darker than the one in Schreiner's '96, but that can be
lighting as much as anything.
On 28 Oct  in -

1946 - Our favorite flying cowboy was heard on ABC Radio for the first
time this day. Sky King, starring Jack Lester, then Earl Nightingale
and,  finally, Roy Engel as Sky. Beryl Vaughn played Sky's niece, Penny;
Jack  Bivens was Chipper and Cliff Soubier was the foreman. Sky King was
sponsored by Mars candy.

So, who knows the name of his airplane? How about Penny's?

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1955 - Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford

Born on Chad Schroter's  birthday in :
1757  - Alf  -TV Actor (is 239), Alien Life Form, Alf star; Space Alien
from Melmac; <grin>
1728 - Captain James Cook, Explorer, Navigator, English, Sea Captain,
South Pacific; discovered the Sandwich Islands; some say b. Oct 27, 1728

Have a good one Chad

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.