Intro

Well folks I said this was forthcoming and now is as good atime as any.

Gary Sides here.  Now Region 1 from Region 7 where I had spent my life.
Joined AIS back in 82 and got my first Bulletin with the Apr issue full
of rebloomers.  Saw Bernice Miller's ad with her garden bout 45 min away
and went down and saw (Oh this was in late Aug when I joined) a veritable
spring display the first week in October and I was hooked on rebloomers.
Joined a cpl of robins eventually and have been breeding for rebloom ever
since by using oncers and a reblooming parent to a certain point and then
intercrossing the resulting seedlings.  Have two introductions along the
way and two more ready for next year.  MISTY LADY apparently reblooms on
the west coast and Oregon.  OCTOBER SPLENDOR rebloomed the first two
weeks in October in the south (southern middle TN) but only now has
stalks here in southern central Mass.  and another seedling from part fo
the same parentage as OCTOBER SPLENDOR which is ((AP22-C1Re: Returning
Peace x Vanity) X Christa) and C4-E19B: (Lady Friend X AP22-C1Re).  Hey
thot I might as well get i on this LADY FRIEND thing.

	I am an Elem School Counselor nearby and have been in education
in elem School teaching 3rd or 4th grade mostly for 18 yrs now.

	Ohter exciting things in my garden include the cross I got using
MISTY LADY X OCTOBER SPLENDOR: the F46 series.  Some realy good things
have come from that line, including:  BREAKERS X F46-H1A (a lovely white
with blue tipped beard, that I almost completely lost when transplanting
this year, but maybe the remaining one piece will survive and thrive!)
And probably the best thing I have bloomed for form and ruffles is J2-L1:
F46-H1A X F38-I3B: (LADY FRIEND X C37-E14: Summer Olympics x Christa)).
Whether it reblooms remains to be seen.  I think I need a trusty friend
now in a warmer climate who would treat my things like I would, ;) , and
see if they rebloom.  It is an absolutely gorgeous flower but has
that dormant foliage like VANITY so that it looks really skimpy in the
fall but it always blooms in spring.  First seedlings from it bloom next
year!  And I intend to repeat the cross as it came from only 16 seeds and
had some ohter flowers that were good... So maybe I can get a really good
sample from it.  F46-H1A put up an August stalk while guesting in
Huntsville AL about 4 yrs ago, but I move things around so much that I
have never seen it.  So I think it has the potential.  I have been using
it so heavily and wnted all its pollen and podding possiblilites that I
have not sent it out at all, but want to next year.  Other things that I
really liked in 95 were:
	K56-M15: JOYOUS CADENCE X OCTOBER SPLENDOR, a nice pink with 7
buds and 33"
	K69-M28C: HARVEST KING X F46-H2B,  a ruffled and laced pinkish
tan with 7 buds and 36"
	K12-M4C:  CRANBERRY CRUSH X C20-E12: (TITAN'S GLORY x EARL OF
ESSEX) Wow!  what a plicata, it doesn't grow well. but what a flower and
stalk.  Can't wait ot see it again.
	K29-M16A: MISTY LADY double half sib X TOMOKO, wow! again, this
one and two sibs were relaly something.  Need to see them again.  but
very ruffled and out of seedlings that both rebloomed late on the pod side.
	K39-M50ReJ:  HARVEST OF MEMORIES X D55-F35A: (CORAL SATIN x
B99-D30: IMMORTALITY x GLORY BOUND) OK. So I'm cheating here in calling
this one a rebloomer, but it has potential for a repeater, I think.  It
didn't bloom with the Spring bloom, but one month later put up an absolutely
terrifc stalk with 7 fantasticly well placed yellow blooms!  But wouldn't
set seed! :(  Cannot wait to see it again with a spring stalk.

In short, rebloom breeding is hard, but things are beginning to gel.
Lloyd and Raymond Smith have gone a long way toward paving the road and
now lots of folks are finally jumping of the band wagon.  Monty Byers as
a single evergy force finally got the public's and even AIS to pay
attention and see the potential so now we are in the midst of an
explosion!  Super!  LEt's have some more folks jump on the band wagon!

Gary Sides Region 1, south central Mass, USDA 5   and still waiting on
HARVEST OF MEMORIES!  But it's finally showing color!