Re: Hard Frost

  • To: IRIS-L@Rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Hard Frost
  • From: "Kimberly A. Hawbaker" <hawbaker@northernnet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 10:28:07 -0800
  • Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP8464401697hawbaker@server.northernnet.com>

Hello Again,
Yes Ellen, we too have had several hard frosts that have managed to kill off
anything that was green in the garden with the exception a few hardy herbs.
We've cleaned up the garden and pretty much put it to bed for the long winter
ahead.  We had a little bit of snow last weekend (melted the same day) and
they're predicting more by the end of the week.

I received my World Of Iris book in the mail yesterday from AIS!  What a
wonderful book!  Also ordered from our local book store the Genus Iris which
was recommended by Clarence.  Thank you Clarence for contacting Jerry Gifford
about my order.  I really appreciate it.

One last thing, since I was gone over the last week and am just now catching up
on my e-mail, I missed where the question was asked about what everyone does
for a living.  I am a Director of Human Resources for a property management
company.  I also manage the main office and process all the payables.  I also
train new employees on our computer programs as they are hired.  It's a full
time job but I manage to find time to also take on the responsibility of
secretary of our local garden club (100 members) and also as secretary of our
districts garden club (most of Northern MN).  I am in the process of checking
into interest of starting an iris society in Northern MN since MN only has one
such society and it is located 4 hours from me.    Requests for people
interested is going out in our districts next newsletter so we'll see what
happens.

Kim in Northern Minn. USDA zone 3
hawbaker@northernnet.com