Re: killing frost?

At 08:07 PM 10/26/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>you wrote:
>>We got zapped here on both Oct. 3 and 4 with hard, killing frost,
>>Dorothy Fingerhood
>
> The ultimate killing frost is going to happen to me next Tuesday-- the high
>for the day is  supposed to be -15C :( who knows what the low will be
>
> I'm putting all my iris seedlings to bed (tomorrow), under a cosy blanket
>of poplar leaves.
>Anne Savannah          savannah@cadvision.com
>Box13  Site6  RR1  DeWinton  AB  T0L 0X0    Tel:403-254-1243
>zone3b  min temp -40F/C

Anne,
I am dreading the winter when the ominous  words ALBERTA CLIPPER come on the
weather channel.  I'm afraid I wouldn't want to live in the country of their
origin!  You are brave souls indeed.
Julie Allen in Sparta, TN where today is positively balmy, the leaves are
beautiful, and I am not complaining one little bit.