Re: Red Reblooming TBs...LADY FRIEND

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:
> .... I consider LADY FRIEND a far
> better iris than many which have won the Dykes Memorial Medal.
>  Clarence Mahan in VA

Many of us on the other coast agree with you. Glad that some iris
from out here do well there.

PS Since someone in this thread has mentioned Vanity, and since in
another thread it was stated that Vanity is a good garden plant but
not as beautiful as some pinks, I feel compelled to mention that in
one of the gardens in the D. C. convention there was display, about
4' x 6' or so, of Vanity that was as gorgeous as any single-cultivar
iris bed I have ever seen. (I still wish I could figure out how it can
be that a pink iris can have a hint of blue without being anything
like lavender.)