CULT: I. versicolor

Rita wrote:

"Hi Barb
      I have some I. versicolor in pots just because I'm running out of
space. I put my potted iris in a protected spot in the garden (between two
rows of wooden sided raised beds) and stuff shredded wood  between the pots.
I lose very few, but they don't grow as vigerously. If you have small plants
and the temps go below 20 degrees it would probably be a good idea to give
 them the extra care  you are considering."

Thanks, Rita, but I'd better go with Plan A.  Our temps in January always or
nearly always go down to 0 F, and some winters to -5 or -10, and once in a
while, -15 or so.  Though I understand the long-term forecast for this winter
is milder than usual for this area, and wetter.  Makes it sound like a good
winter for the ski areas.
Do you put any of your versicolors in a pond?  If these make it through the
winter, I may try that next spring.

Barb in Santa Fe