  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SEA GULLs & SEAGULLs
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 07:53:15 -0600 (MDT)

Sharon has provided a most useful primer on early Checklist graphology.
Thank you, Sharon. And my apologies to the list for starting this muddle by
not doubting the spelling posted in the original request for ID and sorting
out the question then and there. It wasn't your fault, David, it was mine.
Mine, mine, mine. I sidetracked myself wondering if perhaps the other
cultivar might not be available in Australia, where the ID requester lives.
What was I thinking? That Australia's iris population descended from
discontinued irises escaped from cruise ships? That's downright offensive.
I am OFFENDED by what I might have thought.
Anyway, in my defense, I remember I also thought briefly about driving over
to Mom's house to get her to let me borrow the key to the iris library
locking shelf so I could look in Graeme Grosvenor's "Growing Irises," but
it was so very late in the day.

But now look here, once again I've messed up and we are all blessed in result.

Sharon, if you don't object, I'd like to print your post and attach it to
the inside of our club's copy of the '39 and '49 CLs. The info's in the
introduction, but you make it more understandable.

Wouldn't reading the Checklists make a good meeting program?

Little Rock