Re: OT Winged Rats

At 03:11 AM 97-10-01 -0600, Kathy wrote:
>Well besides for the horrendous muddle this all is with lots of
>duplicates.... the question springs to mind WHY WOULD ANYONE (much less a
>bunch of fine folks) NAME A BEAUTIFUL FLOWER AFTER A 'RAT WITH WINGS'?????
Whoa!
I think of them as Bermuda sloops of the air. Perhaps I like them because
they exhibit so many characteristics which I dislike in human beings. They
are noisy, greedy, boastful (I think). But also very graceful and they
clean up the mess we leave behind.

One of my favorite birds is the magpie. They have most of the above traits
and I am convinced they have a sense of humor - why else would they spend
time and energy teasing the cats. Best of all they eat the cherries off the
tops of our trees so I do not need to climb ladders to pick cherries we do
not need.

One of my least favorite birds is the robin. I think a 'g' has been dropped
from its name. They eat my strawberries and grapes and of course earthworms
(are you taking notes Celia?)

None of them damage iris so far as I know. (Barely back to the topic).

Smile everyone
John Montgomery
monashee@bcgrizzly.com
Vernon  BC