Re: OT Winged Rats

John wrote:

<< I think of them as Bermuda sloops of the air. >>

Lovely thought. Lovely post. Thank you.

The gulls are spendid here in Virginia. Especially on the beautiful
Chesapeake Bay, soaring on the wind up over the lighthouses, following
crabbing boats, perching on the pilings, riding the whitecaps. They are very
like sailboats, really. Our shores, salt marshes, and great estuaries would
be so diminished without them and their raucus laughing calls. When they move
inland in advance of a large storm and you can no longer see them or hear
them along the shore, it seems like the end of the world.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com