No Subject

Gerry comments...

>I am stunned that both names were allowed to be registered. (speaking of
>the following)

>>Sea Gull (Ilse Clason Smith '46) white-self TB, midseason.
>> or is it Seagull (Nellis '47) TB, dark blue self.

Actually AIS did NOT (as Sharon detailed) allow the Nellis iris to be
registered.

Nellis was a general plant nursery that applied the name 'Seagull' to a
white iris that they sold. What the iris really was is not known.

The AIS registrar quite correctly picked up on the fact that a
non-registered  iris was being sold under the name 'Seagull' and published,
in the 49 C.L, the name of the firm responsible. We no longer do this --
'caveat emptor' rules!

Cheers,

Mike,  mikelowe@tricities.net   --   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/
http://www.worldiris.com