Re: CULT: layers of cells?

) how many layers of plant cells there are in the
>average iris petal. Is it one layer of very thick cells or several
>of thin ones? Are there sublayers as there are in human skin?

I dont't know a lot about the cells in the petals but there is an upper
and a lower epidermal layer of cells and a tissue in the middle called
mesophyll.  The more mesophyll the more the more substance there is in
the petal. As I said before I dont know a lot about the petals, but the
mesophyll is  usually made up of a number of different cells and
tissues. As in the leaves the mesophyll is used for photosynthesis